There have been many famous horses throughout history, some of which include:
- Secretariat – A thoroughbred racehorse, Secretariat is considered one of the greatest racehorses of all time. He won the Triple Crown in 1973, setting records in all three races.
- Trigger – Roy Rogers’ famous palomino horse, Trigger appeared in many films and TV shows in the 1940s and 1950s.
- Seabiscuit – Another famous racehorse, Seabiscuit rose to fame during the Great Depression and became a symbol of hope for many Americans.
- Black Beauty – The title character of the novel “Black Beauty” by Anna Sewell, Black Beauty is a fictional horse that has become an enduring symbol of animal welfare.
- Mr. Ed – A talking palomino horse, Mr. Ed was the star of his own TV show in the 1960s.
- Pegasus – A winged horse from Greek mythology, Pegasus has become a popular cultural icon and has appeared in many works of literature, art, and film.
- The Budweiser Clydesdales – A team of draft horses used in Budweiser beer commercials and marketing campaigns, the Clydesdales are known for their impressive size and strength.